Saturday, June 4, 2011

A storyline idea

  This past week on the History Channel, it was Civil War Week featuring a documentary on the famous Battle of Gettysburg. While I was watching this, I got an idea for a story and started writing. It is a story about how a family lives through the bloodiest battle ever recorded in the history of the United States. It will be told from the perspective of Rebecca Fitzwater, a wife and a mother of two.
            All the details are not figured out yet, but, I am working on it. So far, it is a double conflict. Conflict one is Rebecca fighting with herself to not let her emotions show when her husband William is called to serve in the Union Army. She loves her family and does not want to see it destroyed by war. Conflict two of course is surviving the battle.
           I normally write about the American Revolution, but, I have decided to take a break from that time era.

No comments:

Post a Comment