Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The conflicts I like to write

  Every story that is written must have a good conflict. There are three main conflicts that are used in story. They are: Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, and Man vs. Self. Personally, I like to use Man vs. Man and Man vs. Self. For some reason, I like to use emotions for the conflict in some of my stories.
      The most current story that I am working on with this conflict is the story of Melanie Lucas in a story about the Civil War. In this story, Melanie's mother abandons her in the middle of the war while her brother and father are fighting. Not knowing how to deal with it and out of fear of worrying her fiance Isaac and her friend Julie, she decides to keep it to her self. She does not tell anyone until after she survives a fire in Charleston. The conflict is resolved when she realizes that she was hurting herself by keeping the news of her mother's actions a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment