Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Greatest quote from a musical

Many things happened in third grade. United States History became my favorite subject in school and I have fallen in love with watching musicals with my Grammie. We will listen to sound tracks and sing along. Three years ago, I went to one of her Choral Society performances. It was something that Grammie knew I would enjoy, selections from different musicals. It was at this performance that I was  introduced to the famous musical Les Miserables. The songs were amazing. Some did not make sense to me since I did not know the story line. So, a few days later I asked Grammie about it. She told me that it was about a man who had been in prison for 19 years for stealing bread and his journey to find forgiveness and love. Then, she got the sound track and we listened to that for a long time. Needless to say, it became one of my favorite musicals. I have never seen the show live, I have only seen videos on YouTube. That will change in January when I get to see it in Knoxville. I think it is funny that I really love a musical that I have not seen.

      One day, I was listening to the finale, and a line got to me. "Take my hand, I lead you to salvation, take my love, for love is everlasting. And remember, the truth that once was spoken, to love another person is to see the face of God."  I believed that this line was amazing. It made the song really amazing to me. The finale is one of my favorite songs in the musical. I believe that is one of the greatest quotes in a musical. I almost cry every time I hear it. It is such a great song. I can not wait to see it live in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment