Friday, May 11, 2012

Song quotations that I love part one

It has been a while since I have written something on here. Today's post will be quotes from my favorite songs in my favorite musicals. My favorite musicals include: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, Brigadoon, and South Pacific.  I will make this list by musical. All of the quotes from each musical will be together. Here we go.
        Les Miserables: 
      "Take my hand, and lead me to salvation. Take my love, for love is everlasting. Remember the truth that once was spoken, to love another is to see the face of God." Fantine ~ Epilogue
       "Yes Cosette, it is true. There is a castle waiting just for you." Jean Valjean ~ after the Inn keeper's house. (I do not know the name of the actual song)
       "Everyday, we will remember that night and the vow that we made. A heart full of love, a night full of you. The words are old but always true! For shame, you did not even know my name." Cosette ~ Everyday
      "And this I swear to you tonight, your child will live within my care. And I will raise her to the light. " Valjean ~ The Confrontation

          Phantom of the Opera :
          "Sing once again with me, our strange duet, my power over you grows stronger yet." Phantom ~ Phantom of the Opera
          "Love me, that's all I ask of you." Raoul and Christine ~ All I Ask of You
          "There is no Phantom of the opera." Raoul ~ Why have you brought us here?
          " Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Say the word and I will follow you." Christine~ All I Ask of You
           "You alone can make my song take flight! It's over now the music of the night!" Phantom ~ finale    
           "Angel of Music, I've denied you, turning from true beauty." Christine ~ Wondering Child



No comments:

Post a Comment