Thursday, July 5, 2012

Song quotations that I love part two

The following are my favorite song quotes from the musicals South Pacific and Brigadoon. Here we go.

                        South Pacific:
      "You've got to be carefully taught!" Lt. Joseph Cable USMC ~ Carefully Taught
      "One dream in my heart, one love to be livin' for, this nearly was mine." Emile De Becque ~ This Nearly was Mine
       "I am as corny as Kansas in August, high as a flag on the Fourth of July," Nellie ~ I'm in Love with a Wonderful Guy   

                    Brigadoon:
               "I'm waitn' for my dearie and happy am I to hold my heart till he comes strolling by." Fiona ~ Waiting for my Dearie
                 "All of music in life seems to be  like a bell that is ringing for me! And the way that I feel when that bell starts to peel, I would swear I was falling, I could swear I was falling. It's almost like being in love." Tommy~ Almost like being in Love
              "Find him lads or tomorrow will never ever come!" Scotsman~ The Chase
               "I saw a man that had never known, a love to call his own. I looked and I thanked all the stars in the sky, there but for you go I." Tommy ~ There but For You Go I
                "That when we are far apart, you'll find something from your heart as gone. Gone with me from this day on." Tommy and Fiona ~ From this Day On
                "I hold a dream and there's no compromisin', I know there's one special laddie for me. One day he'll come over the horizon, but, should he not, then an old maid I'll be." Fiona ~ Waiting for My Dearie
   

No comments:

Post a Comment